At Northwest Dental Center of Boise, Idaho, our team works regularly with patients who are faced with extensive tooth loss. This may be caused by periodontal disease, extractions, or trauma. When considering replacing the teeth, many patients are curious to determine if they are good candidates for removable dentures. Drs. Don Cook and David Bingham can educate you on five things you need to know if you are considering or already have removable traditional full dentures:
- Ill-fitted dentures should be adjusted. Full cosmetic dentures that do not fit right can become problematic for patients. This includes the development of irritation and sores due to rubbing of the dentures along the gums. This may be resolved by considering implant-retained dentures as an alternative to traditional full dentures held in their desired place with natural suction and adhesives.
- Regular cleaning of dentures is vital. Patients with removable dentures should take them out and rinse them before and after eating. Brushing dentures at least once a day is essential, as well as removing the dentures and brushing the gums, tongue, and cheeks.
- Proper functioning is the goal of full dentures. If you are missing all your teeth, you are unable to enjoy many of your favorite foods. Full dentures allow you to eat and speak clearly while boosting self-confidence and self-esteem after significant tooth loss or extraction. If the dentures are not functioning correctly, a visit to the dentist may be in order.
- Soaking full dentures at night is critical to combat bacteria and germs. Dentures also need to stay moist to retain their shape and function, so using a mild denture-soaking and denture-cleaning solution each night to store the dentures is a reliable way to keep them from changing shape, fit, and function.
- Patients struggling with keeping dentures in place may want to ask about implant-retained dentures. Using dental implants, our dentists can create a foundation for dentures that can snap into place. This type of denture is much more stable and functional than a traditional full denture used along with dental adhesives.
Schedule an appointment at Northwest Dental Center to learn about false teeth replacement “near me” in Boise, Idaho!
Call Drs. Don Cook and David Bingham of Boise, ID, today at (208) 314-4416 to request an initial evaluation with our team at the clinic, conveniently located at 8300 West Northview Street.
Share this Article