Replace missing teeth with versatile dental implants
It can be challenging to live with broken, damaged, or even missing teeth. These teeth can cause pain, discomfort and even result in functional and cosmetic changes to the smile. Additionally, they can impair your overall quality of life, making it uncomfortable to enjoy your favorite foods. At Northwest Dental Center of Boise, Idaho, Drs. Don Cook and David Bingham are here to provide a selection of tooth replacement options for patients, including dental implants.
What causes tooth loss?
There may be various reasons why you have lost or had a tooth extracted, including:
- Severe infection
- Large, irreparable cavity
- Failed root canal therapy
- Preparation for dentures
- Preparation for orthodontic work, specifically when overcrowding is a concern
- Damage/injury to the mouth/tooth
Dental implants and implant-retained dentures
Whether you have lost a single tooth or need to replace all the teeth in the dental arch, the team at Northwest Dental Center is here to help! We are pleased to offer dental implants and implant-retained dentures for those who want to maintain good oral health and restore function and beauty to their smiles. Patients who have dental implants will find that they can speak, chew, and socialize without the negative emotions often tied to tooth loss, especially those who have chosen to wear traditional full dentures. Our office of compassionate, caring professionals can help you in working towards creating the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of!
What are the stages of implant treatment?
- Placement. This may require that a damaged or diseased tooth be removed, and then the implant itself is placed into the jaw bone. It can be placed on the day of tooth removal or within three months from loss or extraction.
- Abutment. The abutment is the portion of the dental implant that is above the gumline and is used as the foundation for a dental restoration such as a crown, bridge, or denture.
- Restoration. Depending on the repair performed, the crown, bridge, or denture is then cemented or screwed onto the implant. In some cases the abutment and restoration are fabricated together saving time and expense.
Schedule an implant consultation with our team to learn more about dental implants for permanent teeth replacement!
Patients in the Boise, ID area interested in finding out if dental implants are right for them are encouraged to book a consultation appointment with Drs. Don Cook and David Bingham. The office is located at 8300 West Northview Street and can be reached by phone at (208) 314-4416.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.